Products in the Pipe for RI

This is where all talk about HinterWelt Games goes on.
HinterWelt

Products in the Pipe for RI

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi, I thought I would share products in the pipe for RI and hopefully get some feedback on what you would like to see from the line.

I have plans for

Britannia
This is a source book for the dioecsis of Britannia. It is about 1/2 done and will be Iridium System only...for now. I hope to, if the converted Roma does well, convert this as well.

Atlantis Found!
A source book for the western hemisphere dominated by a refounded Atlantis battling a Mayan Empire ruled by the Blood Gods. Chinese colonies in the North West and Vinland in the North East. This will probably end up beign several books.

I have an idea for a book of magical settings (within the Empire), items and new classes but I am not sure how much interest there would be.

Also, a Jade Empire book has a lot of potential. Descriptions of the ruling house, the Immortal Jade Emperor, his hundreds of offspring, dynamics of court, relations with other countries, magics, nobility, monks and the whole thing. This would be daunting but exciting book to write and research.

That is what I have so far but I am open to suggestions.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:27 am

Ghost Tower is a terrific introductory adventure, how about some more ?

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Stuart wrote:Ghost Tower is a terrific introductory adventure, how about some more ?

I actually have the outline for the next adventure in that series. It can be stand alone or a continuing of Turris. It takes the group into the desert after the source of the Rat King. He has a ruined city he has set up shop in. It has a couple of new creatures and plenty of intrigue.

I am also thinking up some adventures for supporting Britannia. One would be a mission against the Venetores Draconis (Dragon Hunters) who are suspected of treason.

Unfortunately, just so many hours in the day.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

shane

new RI stuff

Postby shane » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:47 am

hi guys,

it is nice to hear about some upcoming stuff for RI. Especially the idea of a sourcebook of the Jade Empire.

Some advice for upcoming adventures or modules: I know there is a great deal of fantasy in the RI world but what about some real political intrigue matters on grand scale, you know conspiracies, backstabbing etc. . That´s ideal for this setting.

Some more political and societal background information about the imperial romans would be nice too!

I´m looking forward to the new stuff. Take care...

shane :wink:

HinterWelt

Re: new RI stuff

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:08 am

shane wrote:hi guys,

it is nice to hear about some upcoming stuff for RI. Especially the idea of a sourcebook of the Jade Empire.

Some advice for upcoming adventures or modules: I know there is a great deal of fantasy in the RI world but what about some real political intrigue matters on grand scale, you know conspiracies, backstabbing etc. . That´s ideal for this setting.

Some more political and societal background information about the imperial romans would be nice too!

I´m looking forward to the new stuff. Take care...

shane :wink:

Shane,
Yes, I have thought about some of the play test session I ran. One in particular, had a Senator looking to cover up the murder of his wife and his collaboration with barbarian tribes and grain contracts. It had fantasy elements but was really about the intrigue and back stabbing. I will keep it in mind but I am swamped right now with Your Games Now and getting Britannia done.

Thanks for the ideas though.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 am

Have we any clearer idea of a release for the Britannia setting ?

I have an adventure module 80% done that works around the Ninth Hispana Legion that went "missing" (a good story but too much real evidence to the contrary) but am wary of writing too much about the Caledonian tribes and life on the border.

I assume that the northern border is Hadrian's Wall and that the Antonine Wall has been abandoned ... I guess I am also assuming that Scotland is still "unconquered" ?

I have used the real Roman fort of Vercovicium as a base, the remains are well worth a visit.
sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:51 am

shane wrote:

I need to go over the organization of the forts that supported Hadrian's Wall but I hope that the detail in the adventure will give some ideas ... if Bill approves of course ;-)

http://iconvention.org/
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... .php?t=951

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:47 am

Stuart wrote:
shane wrote:

I need to go over the organization of the forts that supported Hadrian's Wall but I hope that the detail in the adventure will give some ideas ... if Bill approves of course ;-)

http://iconvention.org/
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... .php?t=951

Actually, Caledonia is "conquered" but a source of constant rebellion and trouble. The Picts are "conquered and contained" in their own kingdom int he south-west of Caledonia.

Britannia is about 1/2 done. Hybernia is detailed and I am working through the other provincae. I have the classes done but need to do the beasts and magic items. A few guidelines would be:
1) Dragons come from Britannia and still plague the area. You have huge monster Draco (rare and widely spaced) and smaller swamp Draco (Small groups from solitary to 3) and pack Draco about the size of a pony or small horse (hunt in packs of 3-10). Of course, you have the fae, trolds, ogres and giants.

2) Some of the most respected hunters are the Venetores Draco, based out of Eborucum. They have a massive library on all the beasts and magic of the isles that they guard jealously.

3) There is a war of conquest in Hybernia and although the Empire is winning, it is costing them far more and moving much slower than the would like. Hybernian magic is powerful and the Dana are on the Hybernian's side.

4) I will be introducing the Icenian Ranger as well. The Icenian have been wiped out for their constant rebellions. As a tribe, they are finished but many remember they roots as they live in secret amongst other tribes. The Rangers wander the land causing trouble for the Romans and helping their people.

As for a release date...I am sorry to say, it will be a while. I do not even have the interior art and I have a chink of text to write yet. But my hope is within the next six months or so.

You adventure sounds on though. I think it would fit. Let me know if you have any particular questions.

Thanks,
Bill

Here is a partially completed reference map for Caledonia:
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Hmm ... a bit of a re-write then :-(

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:36 pm

Stuart wrote:Hmm ... a bit of a re-write then :-(

Stuart,
I don't know if that is so. I would need to know more about what you are trying for but I could see a very similar campaign run out. For instance, Hadrian's Wall had towers roughly every mile and forts every 10 (I think). You could approach it two different ways:
1) Valentia is far from pacified. You could easily have raiders, skirmishes and out and out war occuring along the northern face of the wall. Very much the same kind of feel you would have with an unpacified north.

2) move the activity up to the Vallum Antonini and suddenly you have the Picts to deal with. All manner o interesting there and very much a kingdom which is subjugated in name only.

Just some thoughts. Also, damn be to canon! If you game is fun make the north unconquered. Have the Scots running rampant all over and making Hell for the Romans. I will probably mention this as an alternate in Britannia. There are few resources coming out of Caledonia at this point so it would not alter the landscape too much except I would make Valentia a march and have the Vallum Antonini a very interestign ruin. Vallum Hadriani would be much more formidable in all likelihood due to magic and more resources being poured into improvements.

So, hopefully that helps.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks Bill - I think a re-write is needed and I'll move the "action" up to Vallum Antonini. Many thanks for the sneak peak btw !

I have done my best to advertise this setting and the Iridium System ... have you thought about iCON and virtual table top rpg systems like Fantasy Grounds, Klooge and so on ? In the year and a half that I have been playing, the number of players has increased hugely such that I now run three different weekly games each with 7 players ranging from the US, most of Europe and Japan.

Roma Imperious is sadly little known ... :(

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 am

Stuart wrote:Thanks Bill - I think a re-write is needed and I'll move the "action" up to Vallum Antonini. Many thanks for the sneak peak btw !

I have done my best to advertise this setting and the Iridium System ... have you thought about iCON and virtual table top rpg systems like Fantasy Grounds, Klooge and so on ? In the year and a half that I have been playing, the number of players has increased hugely such that I now run three different weekly games each with 7 players ranging from the US, most of Europe and Japan.

Roma Imperious is sadly little known ... :(

Stuart,
I thought you were the Stuart from Fantasy Grounds. They contacted me and I emailed them back but have not heard from them since. I will try again.

Yes, Roma is one of these tough sells in terms of die hard historian types. We do not have a lot of wise spread popularity but we have been gaining ground. It will take time. With the True 20 version we are working on I think it will help.

If there is anything I can do to help out, I am always looking to give you guys who run our game as much help as possible, just let me know.

Thanks again,
Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Sad to say I am the "Stuart" from the FG boards - I am too unimaginative (and forgetful) to come up with a nom de guerre !

I am (sadly) not surprised that FG failed to get back to you = Smite are busy sorting out version II which in addition to extra bells and whistles is very important for publishers such as yourself because of the protection it offers for commercial products and "rulesets".

As FG stands - if I were to crunch a pdf into xml for a truly paperless system with FG (which I really like) then a player logging onto my game gets a free copy - not good. Under FGII that is no longer the case :wink:

Try emailing/PM-ing/contacting a guy called Snikle at the FourUglyMonsters site. He is in charge of iCON and I a top man in general. I have asked him to contact HinterWelt and badger you merclessly ... at the very least it is free publicity.

I'd like to move quickly to the Iridium system once I can create a character sheet in png format. Will pass it by you if/when it is done.

Please do not abandon non-d20 games ... I'm a Rolemaster fan and only play d20 because no one else really plays much else ... Iridium feels a little like HARP and HARP is a little like Rolemaster so thumbs up ! The detail behind Roma is what sells it I feel ... posting a sneak preview of the Britannia map at the FUM site will generate a lot of interest ... or I'll eat my shorts.

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:02 pm

Stuart wrote:Sad to say I am the "Stuart" from the FG boards - I am too unimaginative (and forgetful) to come up with a nom de guerre !

I am (sadly) not surprised that FG failed to get back to you = Smite are busy sorting out version II which in addition to extra bells and whistles is very important for publishers such as yourself because of the protection it offers for commercial products and "rulesets".

As FG stands - if I were to crunch a pdf into xml for a truly paperless system with FG (which I really like) then a player logging onto my game gets a free copy - not good. Under FGII that is no longer the case :wink:

Try emailing/PM-ing/contacting a guy called Snikle at the FourUglyMonsters site. He is in charge of iCON and I a top man in general. I have asked him to contact HinterWelt and badger you merclessly ... at the very least it is free publicity.

I'd like to move quickly to the Iridium system once I can create a character sheet in png format. Will pass it by you if/when it is done.

Please do not abandon non-d20 games ... I'm a Rolemaster fan and only play d20 because no one else really plays much else ... Iridium feels a little like HARP and HARP is a little like Rolemaster so thumbs up ! The detail behind Roma is what sells it I feel ... posting a sneak preview of the Britannia map at the FUM site will generate a lot of interest ... or I'll eat my shorts.

I have had questionable email of late so I would not be surprised if I was on a black list or some such. I will likewise make an effort to contact them again. I have had great success incorporating Iridium in to the CHARGen. It should be interesting.

As for abandoning non-d20, just is not going to happen. We are discussing what should be revised for a version 2 of Iridium elsewhere on the forum. I am going after the True 20 Roma purely because I have had so many fans ask for, specifically True20 and Roma, a version of the setting for True20. So, I may do a few others, depending on success of this one but I am a long way from turning HinterWelt into a d20 shell.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 pm

BTW- Feel free to repost wherever you like. Her eis a link:
http://roma.hinterwelt.com/previews/britannia.jpg

The image:
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Return to “Game Talk”