Squirrel Dice - Feedback needed

A place to talk about all things and anything.

Moderator: mcrow

HinterWelt

Squirrel Dice - Feedback needed

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

So, this year for GenCon I will be giving away these dice. I am currently talking with the rep about changes. I am concerned (and so is he) with the contrast on the Freedom Squirrels Pink/white die. Also, the lettering is not as clear as it could be.

What do you folk think?

Thanks,
Bill

HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Kester Pelagius

Re: Squirrel Dice - Feedback needed

Postby Kester Pelagius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 pm

The lettering looks very bad on the pink die. As for the contrast, how about using either RED or BLACK color fill?

The lettering on the black die is slightly better, at least for HinterWelt dot com. But the capitol "S" in Squirrels in Space looks ugly.

Also, while a nice squirrel profile, is doesn't really say "space" to me. How about adding a squirrel shaped helmet or lazers shooting out it's eye holes? What? Too much feedback?

:lol:
Currently working on Mutant Dawn.

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Kester Pelagius wrote:The lettering looks very bad on the pink die. As for the contrast, how about using either RED or BLACK color fill?

The lettering on the black die is slightly better, at least for HinterWelt dot com. But the capitol "S" in Squirrels in Space looks ugly.

Also, while a nice squirrel profile, is doesn't really say "space" to me. How about adding a squirrel shaped helmet or lazers shooting out it's eye holes? What? Too much feedback?

:lol:

No, always want feedback! I experimented with that but (mostly because of the medium) you get a real mess. SiS die is the best I could come up with without going to custom art.

And yeah, I am waiting to hear back from the rep about the lettering.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

aotiel

Postby aotiel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Looks like you have the room. Can you make the font larger to help reduce the blurred stamp? I agree black writing on the Pink die might be very helpful. * wish I could attend to get a set of those dice * :(
Go Microsoft! (Hi, Bill!)

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 pm

aotiel wrote:Looks like you have the room. Can you make the font larger to help reduce the blurred stamp? I agree black writing on the Pink die might be very helpful. * wish I could attend to get a set of those dice * :(

I am looking into it. I may change the image to allow for a larger font.

Thanks,
Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

scottai7

Postby scottai7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:46 pm

With a bigger font, if SIS takes two lines it would be readable. It looks like there might be just enough room. Same for Freedom Squirrels. Dark lettering certainly wouldn't hurt on that pink background.

Kester Pelagius

Postby Kester Pelagius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 pm

HinterWelt wrote:I experimented with that but (mostly because of the medium) you get a real mess. SiS die is the best I could come up with without going to custom art.

Why not just modify the silhouette you're currently using?

I did a quick and dirty edit and redrew the head to look helmet like (see the addition of a suit neck collar) and changed the tail to a more "space suit" like effect. If you use your imagination you could almost call this an astro-squirrel:

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Because I am not an artist? Seriously, It looks rather robotic as is and at the very least quite sci-fi. Also, I think you mods make it not look like a squirrel anymore. I do appreciate the effort though.

Now the freedom squirrel one...not so great but I am working on that one.

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

Kester Pelagius

Postby Kester Pelagius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 pm

HinterWelt wrote:Because I am not an artist? Seriously, It looks rather robotic as is and at the very least quite sci-fi. Also, I think you mods make it not look like a squirrel anymore. I do appreciate the effort though.

Granted it looks like the profile of a squirrel version of a Predator but, say, you know that' not a half bad idea. Squirrel Predators!

Do you have those?

What about squirreliens? :lol:

skynet

Postby skynet » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Kester Pelagius wrote:Granted it looks like the profile of a squirrel version of a Predator but, say, you know that' not a half bad idea. Squirrel Predators!

I would have to go with Kester on this one. His squirrel is more SciFi-y that the "regular" one on the die. Also, since it will be written "Squirrels in Space!" just before the drawing, I wouldn't worry about people not recognizing the little cute animal on their die!

Alan Hume

Postby Alan Hume » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 am

The Black and white one is great (especially if you use the Predasquirrel!!)
the pink one is kind of illdefined but a great choice (I know a lady who collects nothing but pink dice
and, as of yesterday, she is now aware of your great Squirrel game:.)

WOuld it be taking a great liberty if I asked if there was any chance of scrounging one of each dice (one for me, one for her,she's not my girlfriend by the way just a fellow gamer:.)

My friend Marc Farrimond will be at Gencon US this year working for the Cubicle 7 guys so I was hoping, if it isnt too rude of me, you could drop a couple with him:>)

But, I dont mind buying them either:.)

Alan Hume

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:20 am

Alan Hume wrote:The Black and white one is great (especially if you use the Predasquirrel!!)
the pink one is kind of illdefined but a great choice (I know a lady who collects nothing but pink dice
and, as of yesterday, she is now aware of your great Squirrel game:.)

WOuld it be taking a great liberty if I asked if there was any chance of scrounging one of each dice (one for me, one for her,she's not my girlfriend by the way just a fellow gamer:.)

My friend Marc Farrimond will be at Gencon US this year working for the Cubicle 7 guys so I was hoping, if it isnt too rude of me, you could drop a couple with him:>)

But, I dont mind buying them either:.)

Alan Hume

Send me an email Alan, with Cubicle 7's booth number and include Marc's name. Linda, Theo and I will be there Saturday for sure and I will stop by with two sets of squirrel dice. I hand them out for free anyway. ;)

Bill
HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 am

New designs, I believe much better:

HinterWelt Enterprises
Bill Corrie

HinterWelt

Postby HinterWelt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:57 pm